The Magpie’s Nest is a quarterly literary magazine which welcomes contributions of original poetry and short fiction by anyone, whether they have been published before or not. Any work submitted must be the original work of the author and not be previously published or accepted for publication elsewhere.
* Poetry: send a maximum of 5 poems – each no longer than 40 lines.
* Fiction: should be between 1000 and 2,500 words.
* Theme, subject and style are left up to the individual writer.
* Copyright remains with the author.
* Simultaneous submissions are welcomed, but notify us as soon as possible if a piece is accepted for publication elsewhere.
* Due to the volume of submissions we only respond to those that we accept. We aim to notify authors of successful submissions within 4 to 6 weeks.
* We strongly advise you to read a copy of the magazine and think about whether your poem or short fiction would fit in with the general style.