HELLO, WELCOME TO MAGPIE’S NEST, AN ONLINE QUARTERLY LITERARY MAGAZINE
ABOUT MAGPIE'S NEST
The Magpie’s Nest is a quarterly literary magazine which welcomes contributions of original poetry and short fiction.
Win up to £900 by entering this years Birmingham Poetry Prize. Closing date 31st December 2016.
Out of 100’s of entries we would like to congratulate last years competition winner and runners up.
- All poems must have a title and must not exceed 40 lines (not including title or blank lines).
- Poems must be in English and can be on any subject and in any form or style.
- Poems must be typed or neatly handwritten on A4 paper.
- Poems must be the original work of the entrant.
- The name of the entrant must not appear on the submitted entry.
- Poems should not be obscene, offensive, defamatory or libellous.
- Closing date of the competition is midnight on 31 December 2016.
- The competition is international and open to anyone aged 16 or over.
- Copyright of each poem remains with the poet but by entering the competition you give The Magpie’s Nest the right to publish the winning poems both online and in printed media.
- The judges’ decision is final and no individual correspondence can be entered into.
- The name, address, contact number and e-mail of the entrant must be submitted on a separate piece of paper together with the title/s of poem/s.
- Cheques, credit/debit cards and postal orders are accepted.
- Cheques should be made payable to The Magpie’s Nest.
- The list of prize winners will be published on The Magpie’s Nest website on 28 February 2017.
- Full competition rules can be viewed here.
The Magpie’s Nest, 176 Stoney Lane, Springfield,
Birmingham, B12 8AN, United Kingdom